Job Openings: Work with Us
Our clinic has been providing affordable, expert acupuncture here in Tampa since 2013. We have 18 treatment chairs, front desk/clinic support, and provide 170+ patient treatments per week. And still growing! If you’re looking to work in a great community, we may have just the job for YOU!
Current Positions Open
Acupuncturists: Regular & Subs
We’re hiring both regular and substitute punks. The regular position starts with two 5-hour shifts a week. We want the clinic to be open more and are looking to staff shifts on Sundays and mornings. So yes, there is room to grow and add more shifts in the near future.
SHCA punks, after training, can comfortably handle our online scheduling, online chart-noting, and busy schedule, all while being a helpful team player. This is not a “poke & run” job: our staff are part of Seminole Heights and work to build community both in and outside the clinic. We tend to hire from within our regular- and sub- punk staff, so a successful sub or one-day-a-week regular punk can usually expect to get hired for (more) regular shifts as they become available.
Who Are You?
- You LOVE community acupuncture and can tell us why.
- You have a love of people and a desire to treat large numbers of patients.
- You’ve done some reading about community acupuncture and understand the basics: you are a current or former member of POCA and read community acupuncture books like The Remedy, Acupuncture is Like Noodles, Fractal: About Community Acupuncture, have attended a community acupuncture workshop or POCAfest, or have experience working in another POCA community acupuncture clinic.
- You love being busy and are excited about treating six-ten patients an hour.
- You’re positive, friendly, caring, dependable, and know how to make patients feel welcome, seen, and cared for.
- You’re body positive and social justice focused.
- You know how to work well with others and your references show us that.
- You communicate calmly and clearly with patients, co-workers, and staff.
- You have attention to detail, keep good charts, clean up, help out, are aware of your surroundings.
- You have healthy boundaries,
- You look for solutions, rather than fault.
- You are comfortable with the LGBTQ community and community activists.
- If you have experience as a waitperson in a restaurant, let us know—it is helpful work experience in community acupuncture!
- You have knowledge/skills in distal point combinations (Tan’s Balance Method and/or Master Tung points) in addition to TCM.
- You are able to treat patients efficiently and stay focused in a fast-paced environment. New punks begin treating 4-6 patients an hour with the goal of treating 6-8 per hour within three months. Experienced acupuncturists will treat up to 10 patients per hour during peak hours.
To be considered for employment as an acupuncturist applicant should:
- Have an active Florida acupuncture license, or be in the process of applying for one.
- Have acupuncture malpractice insurance to start. (Subsidized malpractice insurance is offered after as a benefit after your first year.)
- Are willing and eager to adopt the style of treatment we use at Seminole Heights Community Acupuncture (acupuncture only, focused on distal point treatments).
- Be motivated to treat their community with dignity, trauma-informed care, and a deep commitment to making acupuncture accessible to all.
Pay structure and benefits
- This is a W-2 position and wages are predictable & fair. As the clinic grows and we serve more of our community, our wages grow. Because the job is a W-2 and not a 1099 position, the clinic pays half of your Social Security and Medicare taxes, provides all the supplies, schedules appointments, and you have a set schedule. This is not an independent contractor position, nor is it commission based, or a sales position. We don’t up-sell or cross-sell to our patients. We provide care.
- Training is paid.
- After your first year, benefits include paid CEUs, subsidized malpractice insurance, and Florida license renewal.
How to Apply
Email Gururas Khalsa, clinic co-owner, at email@example.com with your resume and any information you feel would be pertinent for you to be taking on this position. A formal job description with compensation details will be provided after you contact us. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are happy to hire experienced punks, and we are also happy to train new practitioners! We have a lot of fun and get a lot of help from each other. We welcome new members to our SHCA world!