Seminole Heights Community Acupuncture is part of a nationwide movement called the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (or POCA) whose goal is fix health care. POCA is a co-operative run and fueled by co-op members who believe that acupuncture should be available to people. POCA helps bring clinics like ours into existence through micro-loans, training, support and volunteer opportunities.
We see acupuncture changing lives every day. It’s simple, safe and effective, as well as the most widely used medicine in the world! Last year POCA clinics, about 200 of them, provided more than 960,000 treatments. Our goal is to make that number 50 million treatments by the year 2020.
We support the Community Acupuncture movement with our POCA membership and our volunteer hours. We know that acupuncture can change the world, and would love for you to join us in The Calmest Revolution Ever Staged!
Interested? Help spread access to acupuncture by learning more about POCA. Click to join online. Or drop by Seminole Heights Community Acupuncture to talk with us more about our favorite co-operative, POCA! Our acupuncturists, Reiki therapist, front desk folks, and volunteers are all POCA members.
In addition to all the great benefits of POCA membership, SHCA offers all active members discount acupuncture treatments throughout May and October every year — just $10 each session!
So don’t wait…Join!…for as little as $25…and get more acupuncture, courtesy of your fellow co-op members at SHCA.
Here are a Few Reasons to Join POCA
1. A Free treatment from any POCA member clinic during the week of your birthday.
2. Three “Free First Treatment” certificates for your friends and family – good at any POCA member clinic.
3. Monthly e-newsletter, ‘Sticking Together.’
4. New patient fees are waived for you at POCA member clinics.
5. Access to online discussion forums to connect with acupuncturists and other patients.
6. Volunteer opportunities in local clinics and in POCA.
7. Voting in annual board elections and running for positions in the cooperative.
On top of the acupuncture discounts in May and October, SHCA offers free acupuncture for POCA members on three days each year:
- International Co-op Day: July 5th
- World Acupuncture Day: October 24th
- Valentine’s Day: because we love our POCA Co-op members
And, when you become a POCA member, you get a free treatment on your birthday! And 3 FREE first treatment cards to give to your friends and family members, good at any POCA clinic! (Including SHCA!)
There’s more!! When you join, your dues help us open more affordable acupuncture clinics. There are 200+ POCA clinics in North America, but we need more! So what are you waiting for?
Please consider signing yourself up to support increased access to affordable acupuncture for other folks around the US, Canada and beyond. In fact, there are more patient members in POCA than acupuncturists! Scroll down for the stats.
POCA Membership Statistics
as of April 2017
Total Patient Members: 1229
Total Organizational Members: 9
Total Clinic Members: 163
Total Punk Members: 652
Total Members: 1890
Spring POCAFest 2017 on St Pete Beach